RE: Materialized Views query without refresh?

From: Denham Eva <EVAD_at_TFMC.co.za>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:46:38 +0200

It appears my understanding of these views is far more incorrect than I expected.
It appears I will have to do some serious RTFMing.=20

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Denham Eva Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:30 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Materialized Views query without refresh?

Hello Listers,

Our database has some materialized views, which are set 'refresh forced'.
In discussion I was asked whether it was possible to query the view without it doing the refresh process, so that the snapshot would not be refreshed.=3D20 I had to answer that I was not certain this was = possible,
does anyone know if this is possible??

Many Thanks
Denham

Bu mesaj ve onunla iletilen tum ekler gonderildigi kisi ya da kuruma ozel ve Bankalar Kanunu geregince, gizlilik yukumlulugu tasiyor olabilir. Bu mesaj, hicbir sekilde, herhangi bir amac icin cogaltilamaz, yayinlanamaz ve para karsiligi satilamaz; mesajin yetkili alicisi veya alicisina iletmekten sorumlu kisi degilseniz, mesaj icerigini ya da eklerini kopyalamayiniz, yayinlamayiniz, baska kisilere yonlendirmeyiniz ve mesaji gonderen kisiyi derhal uyararak bu mesaji siliniz. Bu mesajin iceriginde ya da eklerinde yer alan bilgilerin dogrulugu, butunlugu ve guncelligi Bankamiz tarafindan garanti edilmemektedir ve bilinen viruslere karsi kontrolleri yapilmis olarak yollanan mesajin sisteminizde yaratabilecegi zararlardan Bankamiz sorumlu tutulamaz.

This message and the files attached to it are under the privacy liability in accordance with the Banking Law and confidential to the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This message cannot be copied, disclosed or sold monetary consideration for any purpose. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you should not copy, distribute, disclose or forward the information that exists in the content and in the attachments of this message; please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. Our Bank does not warrant the accuracy, integrity and currency of the information transmitted with this message. This message has been detected for all known computer viruses thence our Bank is not liable for the occurrence of any system corruption caused by this message
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 01 2005 - 09:08:57 CDT