RE: BG Process username setting

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 02:05:52 -0700

It is possible to do what you ask however it is not something you should = do.

Who needs to see the v$session view? Are they logged on with "connect = internal" or sys? If not, you can create a view along the lines of the = v_$session view in which you have a case statement which sets the value = of username if it is blank and the OS user is SYSTEM. You could then = have a public synonym, v$session, which points to this view.

The v$session view should not be made public. At one time the program = field would contain the username and password of a user under certain = conditions. Also, if you look at the plustrce.sql script in = $OH/sqlplus/admin in a new enough release , you will see that Oracle has = removed v$session as one of the views available to the plustrace role. = I think this happened as of 9.2.0.4.=20

What do you mean by permanent? The x$tables, the bases for the v$views, = aren't database tables. They allow you to peek at parts of the SGA. = The x$table information is not stored in the database.

Now as far as the ORACLE_RECO_070316 goes, do you have any in doubt = distributed transactions? I think RECO is trying to resolve one these = but is having problems.=20

If you feel Oracle is showing something strange, you shouldn't try to = hide it, but find out what is causing it and fix it.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu