Re: pay_balance_values_v (ORACLE APPS HRMS) problem.

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 08:49:52 +0100

On 5/30/05, The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> We are facing performance problems with PAY_BALANCE_VALUES_V view
> which comes with Oracle Apps HRMS module. Since it is written by
> ORACLE, one should expect it runs very fast and there will be no
> performance problems.

I wouldn't expect that at all. Oracle didn't write the view for your organisation with your data and your usage in mind. Each ERP system will have its own quirks per site because each site will be different.

We have Windows server with 2 cpu and 4 gb of RAM. However, when I run
> a simple SELECT * FROM PAY_BALANCE_VALUES_V it is taking end-less
> time. I can't even trace this as we can't change any sql which is
> provided by oracle.

I'm sceptical of this last point, Oracle provides a utility (trace analyzer) that comes straight from the apps dev team for analysing trace files. if you can't trace apps why would they have written the tool? My guess is that there is an apps specific way to enable and disable database tracing and you should look for that.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA