Re: Database Upgradation

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:06:48 -0700

The installations notes (README.html usually) that come with the patches are a good place to start.
The instructions sometimes need modification due to specifics in a particular environment, which is another way of saying you need to make test runs on a test server and document the differences.

Jared

On 5/26/05, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I think it llook like that I missed something that resulted in error in
> getting 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> listed in mine v$version. Can somebody
> point me to the good direction so that I can repeate the process. Here is
> mine situation
>
> Oracle 9..0.1.3 installed with database that need to be moved to 9.2.0.6<http://9.2.0.6>.
> Platform is Sun
>
> TIA
> Sanjay
>
> Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had upgraded a database from 9.0 to 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6> but it
> still show 9.2.0.1 <http://9.2.0.1> in V$version. Here are some stuff been
> done
>
> Installed Oracle 9.2
> Added Patch for 9.2.0.6 <http://9.2.0.6>
> Startup migrate
> run the u900010.sql
> run cmpdmig.sql
>
> Thanks
> Sanjay

> Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new Resources site!

> Discover Yahoo!
> Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing & more. Check it out!

Jared Still