tkprof & explain question

From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 13:20:36 +0300

Good Day everyone,

I have a small doubt about using tkprof with explain parameter. Say, when we use, set autot trac exp for any insert,update,delete that command is executed and produces the execution plan. Whereas if I use explain plan for insert,update,delete commands, it only gives the execution plan without actually executing the command. I have set instance level tracing with trace leve 1, and wants to caputre all the statements. However, my question is, when I am using tkprof with explain parameter, if there are any insert,update or delete statements in my trace file, are they going execute or just produces explain plan wihtout executing them?

--=20
Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA
Banque Saudi Fransi
Saudi Arabia

"It is your atittude, not your aptitude that determins your altitude."