FW: Oracle Options

From: Hallas, John, Tech Dev <John.Hallas_at_gb.vodafone.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:46:02 +0100

I understood that Partitioning works out at roughly =A310k per CPU. You can install EE without installing Partitioning so I still see it as = a an licensable option.
If it is installed you owe Oracle the money basically, whether you are = using it or not.

There is a means of removing partitioning though without a full = re-install (there is no de-install option within the installer). However = I cannot find details on Metalink (surprise, surprise) or even Google.

It is definitely there though. I saw it only about 3 weeks ago. We = decided not to run it though as we were a bit concerned about the impact = on the existing system.

Funnily enough even on a non partitioned installed installation there = are partitioned tables. Weird hey.

John