Re: List of largest DBs in the world?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:59:05 +0100

True story
 OCP Course, Day 1. Participants invited to introduce themselves with names, employer, version and database size. (All male course obviously; female dbas would count the number of relationships or something <g,d&r>)  Participant 'Hi, I'm Bill, I work for the MOD* on version xxx, my database is zero bytes'.
rest of course 'Incredulous faces'
Participant ' Yep, my job is to come in every morning and do a rowcount on each table; it is always zero - if it wasn't zero i am not allowed to look at the data but must call....'
 rest of course 'huh?'
Participant 'The db receives classified data from military aircraft each night, transforms it and moves it elsewhere, then deletes it. database operators don't get clearance to read the data' rest of course 'So why are you here?'
Participant- deadpan 'You're kidding right, you'd have an unqualified professional working on a database important to national security? Policy states we all get qualified.'

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA