Re: List of largest DBs in the world?

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 12:45:05 -0500

In 1999 we hired a veteran government contractor to train our team on OO analysis, design, UML and object/relational mapping.

In a lunchtime discussion it came out that he had worked on a Petabyte+ database but couldn't say anything further about it. Rather frustrating because I was so curious as to what it stored.

Also, I was recently interviewed by the LDS (Mormon) church who is very big into genealogy. They are redesigning their systems and will be creating a Petabyte+ system. So they do exist, but being secret or proprietary, aren't noted anywhere publicly searchable from the internet.

On 5/17/05, Rakesh K. Gupta <happygupta_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> The largest database as of Nov 2004 is BABAR database hosted by Stanford.
> The link has more details.
> http://www.slac.stanford.edu/BFROOT/www/Public/Computing/Databases/index.=
shtml

>=20