Re: Any ideas for running CRON jobs under Security Requirements

From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty_at_pameacs.com>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 22:24:57 +1000

Hi All

Just one to help you along on this path an application I work with does all its batch processing with an OPS$ account and has passed through a number Audits successfully

The programs are COBOL and access a table it has select on to get the correct username and password which is stored in the DB and is visible to the OPS$ account. for someone to get a program to run would require access to COBOL to compile it successfully and it would have to be compiled on the servers that run the application to be able to use the connection function and then they need a second account as the OPS$ account cant do compiles. Impossible, no someone could do something malicious, but the number of people that would have suitable access would generally be limited so restricting the opportunity.

Is it in my opinion compliant open for debate but it seems to be passing the audits successfully.

Cheers

Peter