Re: [askdba] Re: How to find the latest patch applied?

From: mhthomas <qnxodba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 21:15:01 -0400

Hi,

On 5/9/05, Chirag DBA <chiragdba_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanx Ankur n all.

>=20

> Problem is we have specified binaries in SUN to install oracle.
>=20

> You cant download and run other patches. Is this need any server reboot?
>=20

> More than 17 instances are running on this server.
>=20

> Any other way out to find. Inventory binaries or any View?
>=20
> Regards - Chirag

Yes. opatch is a zipped up perl program. You may be able to trace opatch running and figure out how it does the 'magic' but that sounds like extra work. ;-)

If you just install opatch under oracle home, and include in PATH, it is very easy and painless to get the inventory. Do you agree?

Regards,

Mike Thomas