Oracle ASM

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 07:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Did anybody tried to use expdp with ASM

I am looking to store Expdp dumpfile in one of the ASM storage. Is it possible. I am getting an error and here what is been tried  I am using DATA9 diskgroup to store Datapump dumpfiles

create directory dumpset_dir as ‘+DATA9/dumpset_dir’;

expdp userid=system full=y Directory=dumpset_dir dumpfile=expdp.dat

Here is the error

ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-29283: invalid file operation
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 475
ORA-29283: invalid file operation

Any ideas as what I am missing. +DATA9 diskgroup is fine as I had just take a full RMAN backup of database in it and it has enough space

TIA Sanjay

Do you Yahoo!?

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon May 09 2005 - 10:51:23 CDT