Re: rm RULE based optimizer != GOOD IDEA

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:41:24 +0300

One of our developers used RULE hint widely in our latest project. As a result we had to inspect almost all of them (taking time and $$$) when moving to production. So from now I'm planning to allow RULE then and only then if developer can explain _ALL_ RBO rules :))) (http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/rbo.ht= m#38864,
http://www.oreilly.de/catalog/orsqltunpr/chapter/)

As a result I hope that those who will be able to do that would understand that it is a bad idea.

Gints