Re: ASSM vs MANUAL - freelists + freelist groups

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:20:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sean,

If you look the similar thread maybe two months ago on this forum, where I posted some results for HP (11, 11i) and Solaris (Sol 7, 8 and 9), both 9.2.0.6 and 10.1.0.3 you will see that I could not manage to get better results with MANUAL.

ASSM was beating MANUAL all the time, from 15% to more then 30%. Maybe it is something strange with my databases/environments that they are tuned to work better with ASSM :)

I am curious now is the version of Oracle you are using less then 9.2.0.5/6 or the OS is not Solaris/HP?

When you said the result is different would you provide the difference in real CPU time used here from v$sesstat when using ASSM and MANUAL?

You obviously need to push the system to be under more pressure where old MANUAL method will be the same or even better then ASSM or just to have the bottleneck somewhere else, like log file sync or log buffer space, ...

>From the pure CPU usage I would like to see real statistics where MANUAL is beating ASSM.

Regards,
Zoran Martic

Do You Yahoo!?