RE: What happened!? IMPort tables with "User Defined or XML Datatypes"....so slow!

From: Marquez, Chris <CMarquez_at_aarp.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:21 -0400

Zoran,

Thanks for the good insight.
I have little or no experience with XML and Oracle. I'm going to save you email about XMLType in OLTP environment...good to know.

I try to keep up and have read Oracle Magazine articles on XML in the past.
Often totally confused by;

Thank god for OTN and METALINK to help a DBA weed though the marketing hype of a new Oracle option.

Hey I thought Oracle was getting simpler with each version...reducing the need for a DBA altogether.
 ;o)

Thanks,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA