Re: Log switch Not taking place - db hangs

From: GovindanK <gkatteri_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:24:22 -0700

Zhu

Metalink was checked. OS logs too were checked. No issues observed. Session wait did not show anything. Suggestion 5 is fine. But one cannot expect the DBA to sit in front of the monitor 24x7 to type these commands. My question is what is the cause of this so that it can be be addressed. Earlier we had a situation where in for no apparent reason DBMS_JOB did not fire. Later we found it was a bug in 9.2.0.1 and we were asked to patch to 9.2.0.6 which we complied and it is working fine now. Since i could not come up with any positive results in Metalink i posted here.

Any useful inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

GovindanK