Re: Constraint oddity

From: Martic Zoran <zoran_martic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 04:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

I had the ugliest ever migration/movement of database and to be worse it was between the same Oracle versions, to get rid of partitioning (to not pay Oracle for something we are not using, or are we).

OLAP option is going to use partitioned tables if partitioning is installed by default.

Because OLAP does not need partitioning as prerequisite no need for the customer to pay for Partitionign option because OLAP is all they need.

I needed to create new database without partitioning option to move data there, because you cannot just deinstall partitioning (strange, or is it?)

This took almost 2 months because of many Oracle bugs in OLAP with/without partitioning area.
That was solved in 10.1.0.4, happily it was for Windows where that patch exists :)

Stupid thing, you do not have the option to tell other option to not use some other option :)

Do You Yahoo!?