Re: Oracle on VMS?

From: Chris Gait <zhouyi235_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:54:06 -0500

Well, yes, Windows would be fine, as long as it's not a large instance and not a 24X7 instance and you don't mind the viruses and you're willing to pay lots of extra for commercial services that are available open source, and you are willing to pay for more expensive servers because the OS is less efficient, etc.

So in short I wouldn't say that any of my arguments favor Windows, and I have successfully convinced quite a few people to reconsider a move to Windows over the years.

Regards,
Chris Gait

--
Regards,