Re: Case study for interviewing Oracle DBA

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:44:50 -0700

> Over-qualified candidates should go to the top of the list in case the manager
> gets lucky and finds a good fit, not be pulled from the pile. With a likely
> 10-1 advantage in productivity over average, and a good possibility of 20-1,
> it's worth the time to check it out - even at today's depressed IT wages.
>
> Pass it on to your managers when they are evaluating resumes. You never know,
> you might get a great colleague and a true mentor out of it.

My father was a police officer for 30 years before "retiring" to take a job as security chief at a bank for another 10 years.

There were always investigations into missing funds, so he grew quite good at figuring those out. One of his most reliable indicators was the presence of an over-qualified employee. Idle minds truly are the devil's playground.

Just something to consider, as you can bet that the HR and IT-manager types have been briefed on this already...