First 9i Instance

From: Kevin Lange <klange_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:11:19 -0500 (EST)

Evening everyone;

I am trying to bring up my first 9i instance on solaris (trying to convert old 8.1.7 db to 9i) and it is asking me for the Password every time I try to do a "sqlplus internal". This is a different behavior from my 8.1.7 instance which does not request the password.

Anyone know what I might be missing here ?