RE: Remote Sequence is not releasing the connection

From: Subbiah, Nagarajan <Nagarajan.Subbiah_at_aetn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:53:28 -0500

This issue is resolved. Thanks.

A select over the dblink is opening cursors in the remote db.. But they are not being closed even after a COMMIT or a ROLLBACK.

THe cursors are closed only when the dblink is closed explicitly using

ALTER SESSION CLOSE DATABASE LINK dblink_name;

or Exec DBMS_SESSION.CLOSE_DATABASE_LINK('dblink');

Raja