64K limit on fast refresh MVs?

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:45:01 -0600

Hey all,
Trying to implement a fast-refresh complex MV in 9.2.0.5.0, but I'm running into an apparent bug where the fast refresh blows up with an ORA-600 because the MV query is >64KB (shouldn't that have been fixed since 8.0?).

The query is four SELECTs joined by a union all, each with the required MV marker, and 52 aggregate columns, each with it's required corresponding COUNT. And each SELECT requires CASE statements for each column. So, this thing is huge.

I've got a TAR opened (there's apparently no fix), but has no one else run into this problem? The first MV I write to help get us into even thinking in a DW/DM mindset and I'm already running into limitations. I'm sounding like a broken record when I tell folks "That feature/fix is only available in [8.x|9.x|10x]"...

Thoughts?

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA