How to identify the session inside Jobs

From: Giovanni Cuccu <gcuccu_at_dianoema.it>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 17:52:13 +0100

Hi all,

        I have to monitor some session statistics (amount of redo log for example) and I setup a logofftrigger to do this. Inside the trigger I use sys_context('USERENV','SESSIONID') to identify the current session and to trace the stats on a table.
My main problem is that if the pl/sql code executes inside a job (DBMS_JOB) the trigger get always 0 as
sys_context('USERENV','SESSIONID') and I don't know hwo to identify the job session stats. Does anyone know how to determine sid, serial or whatever gives access to the session statistics from the session itself? Oracle 9.2.0.4 on AIX
Thanks in advance,

        Giovanni
--

Giovanni Cuccu