Re: emergency rescue needed

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 20:43:01 -0700

If you have access to MetaLink, then can't you open a TAR? After all, that's their job and you're paying them quite well for it. At least open a TAR while you're pinging this list -- the more brains working on it, the better for you...

When using MetaLink, use the error message number and text as search keywords. For instance, if you are getting an ORA-01578 message, then searching on the phrase "ORA-1578" immediately brings up at least two dozen bulletins, references, and FAQs, literally *tons* of information on MetaLink for dealing with block corruption, including instructions and procedures.

It is a mistake to assume that you know the solution and then to search on keywords related to your proposed solution. Start with the error messages as search keywords and work from there.