Re: emergency rescue needed

From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 03:03:44 -0000

Hi,

First question, you wouldn't have a backup of this database? Since you have data in this database which you HAVE to be able to access, then I wouldn't really call it a test database, it's a production DB then, at least what concerns the backup & recovery part.

If you don't need any data from the files which are corrupted, you might want to do following:

startup mount;
alter database datafile x offline; -- where x is the datafile number which you get from v$datafile (or corruption error messages) alter database open;
export your tables

Of course if some of the corrupt datafiles belong to your system or rollback/undo tablespace, things get more complicated and you should turn to support.

Tanel.