Re: how to monitor the progress of inserts

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:59:00 -0500

Juan,

Don't you think it would be easier to use dbms_application_info and set the number of records in ACTION column? no worries with autonomous transaction, dbms_output etc. Plus you have a chance to have your application well behaved and instrumented. Someone might even thank you for it later. 8:)

Then it it remains is select from v$session ... sounds good?? As for I am concerned, my processes are pretty much verbose, they tell me exactly what I want to know. But we are talking about the question from the original poster.

Raj