Re: cast and packages don't seem to mix in 8.1.7.4 - .net issues tryi ng to fake a boolean.

From: Connor McDonald <hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:59:49 +0000 (GMT)

How about just using to_char ? or try making the SQL dynamic, ie

open cursor for '....'

hth
connor

> PROCEDURE BA_TRD_PROC(
> P_ALL_ROWS_CURSOR out cursorvar,
> P_START_DATE in EV.TRDDATE%type,
> P_END_DATE in EV.TRDDATE%type
> )
>
> is
> begin
> open P_ALL_ROWS_CURSOR for
>
> select
> cast(nvl(bc.confirm,0) as char(1) ) Confirm
> , v.*
> , positionXr.eodrate as positionEOd
> , mv.price as mark_price
> , decode(nvl(sb.broker,'P'),'P','Prime','Swap') as prime_swap
> , bc.comments
> from ...
>
> When I execute just the select statement... all is well. If I execute it in
> the package I get:
>
> a pl/sql error 801 internal error 74030
>
> So I assume this means I can't use cast in packages.
>
> What my problem is Oracle doesn't have a boolean and the user wants me to
> pass a boolean. .Net doesn't like the confirm defined as a number(1). So I
> was trying to see if I could pass back a char(1) to see if it would handle
> this like a boolean.
>
> The user wants to keep his precious package and the poor developer and I are
> kind of stuck.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kathy
>

> This transmission contains information solely for intended recipient and may
> be privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protect from disclosure. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all
> copies of this transmission. This message and/or the materials contained
> herein are not an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any
> securities or other instruments. The information has been obtained or
> derived from sources believed by us to be reliable, but we do not represent
> that it is accurate or complete. Any opinions or estimates contained in
> this information constitute our judgment as of this date and are subject to
> change without notice. Any information you share with us will be used in
> the operation of our business, and we do not request and do not want any
> material, nonpublic information. Absent an express prior written agreement,
> we are not agreeing to treat any information confidentially and will use any
> and all information and reserve the right to publish or disclose any
> information you share with us.

Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions" ISBN: 1590592174 web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

Coming Soon! "Oracle Insight - Tales of the OakTable"

"GIVE a man a fish and he will eat for a day. But TEACH him how to fish, and...he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day"

Do you Yahoo!?
Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard. http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail