Re: Oracle Streams

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:13:45 +0200

> Actually I had to use it in the following schenario,
> I had to create the sequecnes with different starting
> value on DB1 and DB2. Now If I am creating on DB1, it
> will passed as such to DB2 and as it is two way
> replication setup and so is the problem.

See Note:257997.1 about: How To Avoid Capture of DDL and DML to an Entire Class of Objects at the Schema or Global Level. This will tell you how to exclude sequences from replication with Oracle streams when you setup the replication at schema or database level. Then you will not propagate the changes to the sequences.

See Note:147832.1 about: Using Oracle Sequences with Advanced Replication on how to work with sequences in this setup.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish