Re: TKPROF output -- high current gets for INSERT

From: Egor Starostin <egorst_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 10:25:17 +0600

> Do a quick test. Create a small copy of the table, with appropriate FKs.
> Start tracing, insert some rows, end tracing.
>
> Drop the FKs and repeat the test.
>
> Report results to list. :-)

Tom Kyte in "Effective Oracle by Design" did such test. In Chapter 1 there is a topic "Test the Overhead of Referential Integrity". According to Tom's simple test (and I reproduced it locally on a small tables) every RI constraint adds one LIO per row for insert statement. So, from 1092396 current reads there are 56400*13=733200 reads just because of RI constraints.

But I don't think that it's a problem. In initial message we can see that there are extremely high values for 'SQL*Net message from client' waits. I think that 'Informatica' (never heard of it before) is just not fast enough to provide Oracle server with data for inserts.

--
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/