Re: When one can call oneself expert

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 21:30:53 +0000

Alot of people have made alot of money through self promotion... not just with oracle or with anything technical. One thing that has always struck me as odd is how little you have to know about something for lay people to call you an expert at anything. The dangerous thing is that people won't believe when you tell them you don't know that much about something and will still want you to do it at an expert level.

I tell people what I do and then they ask me how to fix some errors they are having with their PC at home and are stunned I don't have a clue. -------------- Original message --------------