RE: Oracle HTTP Server woes

From: Howard Latham <howard.latham_at_rsmb.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:08:53 -0000

Oracle software - like sqlnet downt work too well with firewalls ! :(

Also as hinted below I am pretty sure later releases of Microshaft O/s Defaults to firewall turned on (which is the right thing but we are having to get used to them doing somethings right!)

Howard Latham

Senior DBA RSMB TV Research

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 9:42 AM To: Oracle-L (E-mail)
Subject: Oracle HTTP Server woes

I have an Oracle HTTP Server installed from the companion CD on my winXP sp2 laptop. It has stopped serving web pages at all. I have firewall software which is disabled on the laptop, and anyway this *used* to work. A complete uninstall and reinstall to a different directory has not resolved the issue.

the apache error log doesn't list anything but the opmn log lists the following (suspicious to me) entry

04/12/22 13:59:01 [4] [libopmnohs] Process Ping Failed: HTTP_Server~HTTP_Server~HTTP_Server~1 (2104557577:3672) [The connection SSL receive timed out]
04/12/22 13:59:42 [4] OPMN server stopped. Request handling disabled.

--=20
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA