RE: rman backups using bcv

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:24:33 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Fuad Arshad wrote:

> i've sent a document to you offline
> with an emc document that now exploits rman with a bcv
> there is also an oracle document explainign the same.

Gee I don't suppose you'd like to share with the group how it is done. I'm guessing they must be splitting off the BCV in backup mode then mounting the BCV's instance on another node for a cold backup.

How else? RMAN by its nature reads all the data blocks. BCV is just a copy-on-write mechanism, right?

--
Jeremiah Wilton
Independent Oracle Professional