Re: is rebuilding indexes necessary after import?

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:43:31 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004, Jaffar_DBA wrote:

> My question is, do we really need to rebuild/recreate indexes after
> importing them into another database?

Probably the reason they recommend this is that they hope you will import without indexes, then build them in some more efficient way (parallel, unrecoverable) with the export completed, saving yourself time.

Also, your nickname for this list - Active DBA (from the To: header) - is this is contrast to Lazy DBA? If so I like the distinction!

--
Jeremiah Wilton
Independent Oracle Professional