is rebuilding indexes necessary after import?

From: Jaffar_DBA <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:12:55 +0300

Hello list,

I have a question. Lets say I have taken an export (full) and imported into another database (full import), including indexes. Do I have to rebuild all indexes again? Generally, to reorg. objects we use export and import to solve the issue. Somewhere in the metalink written that after importing, indexes, it is better to rebuild them or dont import indexes, after importing data just create indexes. My question is, do we really need to rebuild/recreate indexes after importing them into another database?

Thank you in advance.

--

Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA