RE: dump reading

From: Henry Poras <henry_at_itasoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:44:45 -0500

Curiousity, use of ITL slots, ...

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org =
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]
On Behalf Of Edgar Chupit
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 11:22 AM To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: dump reading

Thank you for the link and now the final question: why does somebody = needs
to read block dump? All I can think of is when you have block corruption = and
cannot recover using BLOCKRECOVER feature of RMAN. Maybe people from the list can provide real cases where they needed to read block/heap dump = and
their knowledge helped them?

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:30:23 +0100 (CET), Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Google gives some links, e.g.

>=20
> http://www.fors.com/velpuri2/Oracle%20block%20structure/Blockdump%20-%
> 208.x%20Data%20Segment

>=20
> Regards, Carel-Jan

>=20

> =3D=3D=3D
> If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) = =3D=3D=3D
>=20
>=20
> > Was this seminars based only on internal documentation or there is=20
> > some "official" sources of information publicly available?
> >

>=20
>=20

--=20
  Edgar