RE: automatic undo 100% used

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:09:26 -0500

Paula,
 I don't have the formula handy for calculating undo retention but a google should provide it. Have you set your retention period to large and retaining days/hours of undo info? The default is quite large. Does the batch process perform a lot of uodates that require a lot of old/new info to be retained in case of rollback? The first time i set up the undo area I accepted the defaults and consumed 6 Gig on a long running update. Check you parameters in the initxx.ora file. You can also create a new undo tablespace and assign it in the initxx.ora.
Then offline drop the old one and you can then delete it from the os. Ron

>>> <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us> 12/13/2004 1:15:44 PM >>>
Have 3Gb allocated for undo retention, a few batch processes and tablespace is showing 100% full. Is this normal behavior? I am used to
old rollback segments where it would be and likely revolve around poorly
written batch processes.