RE: Oracle experts are disgusted with SQL Server User Group

From: Goulet, Dick <DGoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:09:31 -0500

 Well, I'll agree with Don. SSWUG would appear to have crossed a moral/ethical line selling pointers to data that can otherwise be obtained for free & making money off what others have placed in the public domain. I'm no lawyer so I won't comment of the legal aspects. I think they should have at least asked the authors for permission first. At least Don has not placed his scripts in the public domain so he has a right to sell them. Unless you want to do the research & stitching yourself, which I believe if three fourths of the fun.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA