RE: netapps experience and performance tool

From: Nick Tilbury _at_ Northampton <_at_>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:08:46 -0000

I believe Oracle and Netapps are very much 'in-bed-together' now days and all Oracle in-house platforms
are now hosted by Netapps kit (www.netapp.com)

I have had some seriously bad experiences with write performance on NAS units but that was a few years ago
and it was on an extremely cheap bit of kit.

My current thinking is there is a place for NAS but unless it's top of the line kit it's place is not
hosting an OLTP database.

We currently use a NAS unit for DEV/TEST databases and are in the process of implementing a disk-staging
procedure for backups using an ATA Beast NAS.

Nick