netapps experience and performance tool

From: steve noyle <stevenoyle1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 07:38:29 -0800 (PST)

hi,
Does anyone have any experience to share using oracle on netapps? We will be building a data warehouse which is going to be pretty write intensive. People has mixed opinions about the performance of running oracle on netapps. I'm not sure how much NAS solutions has changed over the last few yrs. Is this still somewhat of an issue?

Also, anyone has any idea how one would obtain disk I/O statistics on Netapps? We will be running Solaris 8/netapps. does sar -d provides an accurate statistics of what's going on in Netapps. What netapps tools are available to get those information?

thanks in advance.

steve

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free! http://my.yahoo.com