RE: doh! stupid datafiles

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:46:02 -0500

2 datafiles with how much contents, and how big compared to the rest of the database?

Now those 2 datafiles are all of one or two tablespaces, and if you can make do with just the contents of those two tablespaces from the production database with no referential integrity problems or things out of balance type issues, you might consider just sqlplus copy or unload script -> loader or exp/imp of just the objects in the tablespaces affected by the loss of those two files.

If there are integrity issues, by all means re-clone production, but if not, it is possible you'll do a lot less work by just getting back what you lost.

Regards,

mwf