Re: Sox Poll

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 06:41:09 +0000

I don't have to request the system password, but do have to request the password for the application accounts on the servers.

We have personal logins with admin rights on the servers. The point of this is being able to audit who did what, and if someone has the password, who it is/was.

Jared

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:39:00 -0400, Spears, Brian <bspears_at_limitedbrands.com> wrote:

> Ok, let me put it clearer... DBA's not beening allowed to have the system
> password. They must request it from a separate group to do changes. I am
> hearing of other dba's having to do this. I know we haven't only because no
> one suggested it yet. We are having to do some real interesting contortions
> to get stuff done.
>
> Brian

Jared Still