RE: Time out session

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <thomas.mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:55:52 -0400

Thomas,

The LAST_CALL_ET column signifies (in seconds) the last time a session did *anything*. This value is a delta offset from sysdate.

So, the following query would show you the last time the session did any work:

select username,logon_time,last_call_et, to_char(sysdate-(last_call_et/(60*60*24)),'hh24:mi:ss') last_work_time from v$session
where username is not null

You can compare this value with the "drilldown" value returned by OEM for a session. You will see that this is the value that is returned.

I figured this out one by by tracing the OEM sql to see how they did this.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional