Time out session

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 11:35:12 -0400

Is there a way to time out an idle terminal connected to Oracle?

I have IDLE_TIME set to 20 in the profile and resource_limit is true. This does not time out an idle terminal.

What is the meaning of the values in V_$SESSION.LAST_CALL_ET? Oracle documentation is less than illuminating. All it says is "LAST_CALL_ET NUMBER The last call". This is from Oracle9i Database Reference,Release 2 (9.2),Part Number A96536-02.

Any help, examples, or stories of "how we did it" would be greatly appreciated.