Re: Emailing Query Results?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 21:57:13 +0100

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:20:34 -0500, DENNIS WILLIAMS <dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com> wrote:
> Here is an article on how to do it within Oracle. I think someone on this
> list has this working. Has anyone got this working on W2K?
>
> http://www.databasejournal.com/features/oracle/article.php/1496631

Using UTL_SMTP to send mails from Oracle on W2K. Works fine. As others have said Connor's book has examples. Commonly on win2k of course the SMTP server resides elsewhere and must trust the Oracle server to send emails. I guess on most *nix boxes folk use the built in smtp server.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA