RE: Database for datawarehouse

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_miswaco.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:42:08 -0500

Your starting size is well within Oracle's capabilities. TeraData is
=66airly expensive. You would want to verify that your requirements were
such that the extra cost is valid. Introducing another platform into an existing environment is not cost free. If your database stabilizes in the 2 to 3 TB range and response times from the warehouse are acceptable I can see no reason why Oracle would not be adequate. I know this response is vague but this question is lacking in details and invites the famous "it depends" answer.

Allan