curious about gather system stats, or I'm wrong

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jreyes_at_dazasoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:13:49 -0400

Hi.

exec DBMS_STATS.GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS(gathering_mode=>'INTERVAL' interval=>1/24);
 Or this is a wrong way to get system statistics?, and is better to gather system statistics only in the moment.

I found this interesting
interval is not set in minutes as documentation says, it is in days, but the interesting is I can get system after the period (note the dstart and dstop)

SYSSTATS_TEMP CPUCYCLES 2014908
SYSSTATS_MAIN CPUSPEED 473
SYSSTATS_TEMP CPUTIM 4261758

SYSSTATS_INFO DSTART 10-22-2004 19:07