RE: Is important to GATHER_SYSTEM_STATS???

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:49:32 +0000

is anyone noticing an improving in the percentage of queries plans the CBO gets right with this? With decent optimizer_index_cost_adj, optimizer_index_Caching, and db_file_multiblock_read_Count, in verion 9.2 oracle appears to have a 99.5% accuracy in plan generation even if you take into consideration the use of bind variables and oracles inability to use histograms with them. . not much to improve on if you use system stats.... We implemented it here and we notice no improvement whatsoever.