RE: Help with Shared Pool Problem

From: <Stephen.Lee_at_DTAG.Com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:34:37 -0500

I don't know if the Oracle version was ever stated. I missed it if it was.

If the version is 8, then it is worth noting that versions of 8 had some severe memory management bugs. I've forgotten the details, but I think the problem was that released memory was not being coalesced; so fragmentation got worse and worse until one was forced to restart the database. Flush shared_pool did not work either. This was a real problem for us until we got stuff upgraded to 9.