multiple oracle owners

From: Eddie Watkins <eddie.watkins_at_mail.moray.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:46:02 +0100

Hi

We have a Sun V1280 with 1 application running Oracle 9.2.0.3, installed by the application vendor and owned by the user 'oracle', group 'dba'. I have been asked to install Oracle 9.2.0.1 as a different user. I looked in the Oracle 9i installation guide, which talked about setting up primary and secondary groups before oracle is installed. As we already have 1 oracle environment already installed, can anyone say if it is possible to have multiple oracle installations on a server, owned by different users who are in the same group.

Thanks

Eddie

--

Eddie Watkins           Email: eddie.watkins_at_mail.moray.gov.uk
Unix Server Support     Tel: 01343 563247     Fax: 01343 563221

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments ('this e-mail') are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake, please notify postmaster_at_moray.gov.uk as soon as possible; you should then delete this e-mail from your computer.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Mon Oct 11 2004 - 04:41:46 CDT