RE: Porting Oracle Datafiles to an x86 machine

From: Parker, Matthew <matthewp_at_amazon.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 02:14:10 -0700

10G supports datafile conversion from Big Endian to Little Endian. For = 8.1.7 on AIX it would be worthwhile to look into the used market for IBM = equipment, such as http://www.xcc.com. There are variety of other sites = you can find through google. Most of the price will come down to how = much disk space you need, since a lot of memory or cpu is not needed for = a recovery test. A couple of years back I acquired a 500GB system for = around 8K (yes more than a plain jane Intel system), but your milage = will vary on how bad a company wants to get rid of a system.