Re: Please a parameter to disable undo, like _disable_logging

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:18:32 -0600

Direct-path or APPEND inserts do avoid undo, except for the space-management stuff in the data dictionary.

Direct-path loads data into TEMPORARY segments which, upon successful completion of the load (a.k.a. commit), are converted into DATA segments. Upon unsuccessful completion of the load (a.k.a. rollback), the TEMPORARY segments are simply dropped.

Look ma, no undo...